Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Times Square New York Exclusive


As many of you know, I am from New York and moving to Florida.  If not those terms, I probably would not have picked up this silly tourist vinylmation, but I’m glad I did.  Of course the Statue of Liberty is considered a New York landmark so it is a perfect fit for an exclusive.  Plus the empire state building, I don’t see that design fitting well on a little Mickey figure.  But the point is, you would only buy this if you were a Disney fan visiting New York.  Fans would have bought it regardless of how it looked, but lucky for us it looks great!  The vinyl of course wins with face placement because it’s Minnie’s face (or just a female face but I like to think its Minnie).  If they messed this up I would have to slap them!  But the face is not what makes this vinylmation as special as it is.  The paint is glossy, the colors all compliment each other and it even has its own torch! The face is adorable and lady liberty’s dress is drawn on perfectly.  But, there is a hidden treasure on this vinylmation, on the figures left hand, is the plaque that says July 4th in roman numerals.  First, second, third glance you may not see it but the artists’ attention to detail makes this vinyl rank high on my list.  Sentimental value aside, this is a great vinyl and a wonderful souvenir for any Disney fan visiting the wonderful New York City.

-Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment