Friday, March 25, 2011

Urban 6 to keep or not to keep.


With the new release of urban 6 the analyzer in me went a bit crazy.  Now, that is not saying that this series is awful, I have bought many and sadly have not received all the ones I wanted yet but, I have many questions regarding this set.  So here is my review of vinylmation urban 6.  Unfortunately my “to be traded box” is much larger in this series.

To be traded: 
  • The sideways Mickey face.  I’m sure the designer had a wonderful creative idea in store for this vinyl but it is not for me.  It is out of the entire set, in my opinion the worst.
  • The computer speak vinyl.  I can see the appeal by many but I personally HATE this one and everything about it including the color.
  • The zipper.  I think the idea is great and creative, but I also think its pretty unimpressive.
  • The sumo wrestler.  Design wise, he is great.  I feel the face has the right placement, but sorry to sound girlish, but it’s just ugly.
  • The green thumb.  I just, I feel that there is all of this space to be utilized and to just leave the arms and ears blank, I just see it as a waste.
  • The cycle.  Personally I just find it boring.  No real problems, I just feel it lacks creativity.

The Keepers!
  • The cry baby.
  • Spring
  • The cactus
  • The sundae
  • The angry queen bee
  • The chaser

As a whole based on other urban series, I think that this one is more enjoyable.  I think more detail went into the design of each of these vinyls instead of just throwing colorful designs and shapes on a Mickey as done in previous urban series.

*Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment